essential oil tea tree
Scientifically proven activities: antimicrobial, enhances wound healing.
- Add a small amount of tea tree oil (max 2 ml per 100 ml) to your shampoo. May use once per day.
- Add small amount tea tree oil (max 1 ml per 100 ml) to your favourite foot massage oil. May use once per day.
- When using for general skin purposes, use a cotton bud to apply tea tree oil. Use for a limited period only. See caution/safety section.
Ingredients: melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil.
How to use: Neat onto skin (in small amounts), steam inhalation, oil burner, bath oil, massage, cream
WARNING: This product is not a medicine and should not be taken orally. This product is a cosmetic and should only be used according to the directions given above. The proven activities are supplied for you to explore this essential oil further, should you want to consider registered medicinal supplements. Keep out of reach of children. Store out of light below 25⁰c. Store in original packaging in a dark place.
- Long term use of tea tree oil is not safe.
- Tea tree oil is a skin irritant and sensitizer at concentrations ≥ 2%. It may sensitize certain individuals below this concentration. Always test your sensitivity by applying a tiny drop of essential oil on your inner arm, waiting 24-48 hours before using a new essential oil.
- Tea tree oil is not safe to use on large portions of skin. It is only safe to use in small concentrations on small portions of skin. Follow use instructions.
- Discontinue in case of sensitivity.
- Safety for use during pregnancy and lactation is not fully known. Pregnant and nursing mothers should consult their health care practitioner before using tea tree oil.
- Not intended for use on children less than 12 years old.
- Keep out of reach for children.
- Do not exceed application instructions.
- Do not use on broken skin.
- Do not expose this product to light or heat.
- Indiscriminate use of tea tree oil may cause serious health effects.